Adopt an Olive Tree
Adopt an Olive Tree from one of the I Ciacca Olive groves for 5 or for 10 years. In return, we will send you some of the purest, most delicious Olive Oil produced in Italy. Share your genuine, straight-from-our-grove organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil with friends and family.
We shall send you 6 50cl bottles every year for the period you have chosen to adopt.
We love making olive oil. Our single estate extra virgin olive oil tastes of freshly cut grass and has a slightly peppery finish which is typical of the traditional Piciniscano varietals that we have in our grove - moraiolo leccino, pendolino, marina and frantoio.
Our Adopt an Olive Tree program brings fresh, single-harvest extra virgin olive oil of superior purity and freshness directly to your table. The oil is produced organically on family-run farms where olives are grown sustainably, handpicked, pressed and bottled during the autumn harvest season. The program fosters direct relationships between farmers and consumers so that when your oil arrives, you’ll know the people behind the product - and you’ll be able to taste the difference.
We believe our Olive Trees were planted over a period between 50 and 150 years ago. They are quite low yielding as we do not use any artificial fertilizers. More importantly the different varieties which have been planted ensure that every year some varieites produce olives and all don't suffer from excessive rain, sun, or frost at the time of flowering. So on average it takes the olives from two trees to produce 1 litre of EVOO.
The olive harvest happens in the autumn and the earliest deliveries will normally arrive with you in mid-December - perfect timing for holiday gifting.
We use green glass bottles for most of our oil as these protect the olive oil from the sun which is one of the elements that damage the taste of olive oil. The others being heat and air which leads to oxidization. So always keep your olive oil in a cool place and once you have opened a bottle or tin use it as quickly as possible. We prefer 500ml bottles, as we find these are presentable on table and are used quickly enough to prevent the light and fruity taste being lost.
- Help us encourage local involvement and provide financial support for economic, social or environmental projects that will benefit the local communities.
- Receive Adoption Certificate, Map with your tree's exact location, details of Height above sea level, exposition and steepness of the slope it is rooted in as well as a photo of your Olive Tree, with all its graceful beauty and naturally imperfect glory.
- You will receive your own Extra Virgin Olive Oil Package - Your oil is sent to you wherever you are in the world (Postage may vary). Receive a delicious mix of local herbs for your cooking.
- Receive hard copy of our booklet - The Life of an Olive - Using Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Be updated throughout the year of your trees progress.You will be part of the exclusive club who can visit their tree in Picinisco whenever they wish (please do contact us in advance!)
- If you wish join us in picking the olives and then visit the Olive Oil mill to see and understand the process.
- Be entitled to a 5% Discount when you stay at Sotto Le Stelle during your period of Adoption.